Level 1 (opposite blue lifts) St Vincent’s Private Hospital Northside, 627 Rode Rd, Chermside 4032
CBD: Sessional Suites, Level 6, St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital, 457 Wickham terrace, Spring Hill 4001
North West Private Hospital
Suite H, Ramsay Place, North West Private Hospital, 137 Flockton St, Everton Park QLD 4053
About Jason Huang
MBBS BMedSci FRACP FACG M.Phil (UQ)
- General gastroenterology training: Royal Brisbane and Women’s and Princess Alexandra Hospital.
- Extensive post graduate fellowship experience in advanced diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy.
Further post FRACP/specialization training
- 3 year fellowship
- 1st year: Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- 2nd and 3rd year: World renowned H.H Chao Comprehensive Digestive Diseases Center at University of California, where he held a faculty position as a clinical instructor.
- High quality colonoscopy for bowel cancer detection and prevention
- Management of iron deficiency anaemia including small bowel e.g. balloon assisted enteroscopy.
- Bariatric endoscopy, including primary weight loss procedure, revisional procedural to treat weight regain post bariatric surgery and management of bariatric post surgical complications e.g. leaks.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) and Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) for management of pancreatic and bile duct diseases
- Management of reflux: Barrett’s oesophagus surveillance and treatment, oesophageal cancer prevention or palliation.
- Published widely in areas of reflux, colonic polyps/neoplasia and quality assurance, pancreaticobiliary diseases, novel endoscopic techniques, book chapters and invited authorship for journals and text book chapters with national and international publication.
- Multiple national and international conference presentations:
- American Society of Gastroenterology (ASGE) presidential plenary presentation (largest worldwide gastroenterology conference)
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) meeting in Hawaii – The Presidential Award for his research in endoscopy
- Regular guest speaker to multiple national and international gastroenterology conferences.
- Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology for contribution to the field of gastroenterology.
- Master of Philosophy in diagnostic endoscopy through the University of Queensland
- Reviewer for high impact journals such as World Journal of Gastroenterology, Endoscopy, Cancer Management and Research, Digestive Endoscopy, Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology.
- Committee member (RBWH) of the Metro North HHS Bariatric Treatment Working Group