About Jason Huang
MBBS BMedSci FRACP FACG M.Phil (UQ)
- General gastroenterology training: Royal Brisbane and Women’s and Princess Alexandra Hospital.
- Extensive post graduate fellowship experience in advanced diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy.
Further post FRACP/specialization training
- 3 year fellowship
- 1st year: Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- 2nd and 3rd year: World renowned H.H Chao Comprehensive Digestive Diseases Center at University of California, where he held a faculty position as a clinical instructor.
- High quality colonoscopy for bowel cancer detection and prevention
- Management of iron deficiency anaemia including small bowel e.g. balloon assisted enteroscopy.
- Bariatric endoscopy, including primary weight loss procedure, revisional procedural to treat weight regain post bariatric surgery and management of bariatric post surgical complications e.g. leaks.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) and Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) for management of pancreatic and bile duct diseases
- Management of reflux: Barrett’s oesophagus surveillance and treatment, oesophageal cancer prevention or palliation.
- Published widely in areas of reflux, colonic polyps/neoplasia and quality assurance, pancreaticobiliary diseases, novel endoscopic techniques, book chapters and invited authorship for journals and text book chapters with national and international publication.
- Multiple national and international conference presentations:
- American Society of Gastroenterology (ASGE) presidential plenary presentation (largest worldwide gastroenterology conference)
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) meeting in Hawaii – The Presidential Award for his research in endoscopy
- Regular guest speaker to multiple national and international gastroenterology conferences.
- Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology for contribution to the field of gastroenterology.
- Master of Philosophy in diagnostic endoscopy through the University of Queensland
- Reviewer for high impact journals such as World Journal of Gastroenterology, Endoscopy, Cancer Management and Research, Digestive Endoscopy, Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology.
- Committee member (RBWH) of the Metro North HHS Bariatric Treatment Working Group